International Antarctic Expedition 2016
Husaak Adventures is proud to partner with the prestigious 2041 Organisation on an amazing expedition to the icy continent: Antarctica.
The International Antarctic Expedition (IAE) is run by the 2041 organisation which is headed by the famous explorer Robert Swan O.B.E., the first man to walk unassisted to both the South and North Poles. 2041 strives to preserve Antarctica as a land of peace and science by educating people on its beauty and fragile ecosystem.
The 2016 International Antarctic Expedition will be an exhilarating, unpredictable adventure and a life-changing experience for the international group of men and women joining Robert Swan and the 2041 team to the last great wilderness on Earth.
The purpose for this Antarctic Expedition is to engage and inspire the next generation of leaders to take responsibility to build resilient communities and in doing so, preserve Antarctica.
The “Leadership on the Edge” program is the golden thread that ties all of the activities and presentations together throughout the expedition. You will participate in our outdoor program, learn about Antarctica, join in debates, be schooled on public speaking and learn candidly from Robert Swan, O.B.E.
The journey starts in Ushuaia, Argentina and continues for 12 days aboard the Ocean Endeavour where you will visit the Antarctic Peninsula to see the continent's wildlife, rich geology, and breathtaking scenery through daily hikes and zodiac cruises.
Dates: 13-25 March 2016
Price: Prices vary from USD $10,995-$15,995 depending on the type of cabin you chose.
Difficulty: Easy-Difficult. You have to have good physical fitness but all difficult hikes are optional.
What is included:
- One night pre-expedition hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Group transfers from the airport to the hotel in Ushuaia, Argentina for the day prior to departure
- Welcome dinner in Ushuaia
- Group transfers from the hotel to the ship on embarkation day
- Group transfers from the ship to the airport on disembarkation day
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All meals on board throughout your voyage, excluding selected beverages
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around-the-clock on board
- All shore landings/excursions per the daily program
- “Leadership on the Edge” by Robert Swan, including all materials and speakers
- Presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers, as scheduled
- Selected expedition merchandise
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard ship
- Welcome and farewell cocktails
- Digital voyage log
- Your journey from Ushuaia to Antarctica and return will be carbon offset by 2041
Not included in the expedition fee are:
- Passport and visa expenses (please verify fees with your local consulate)
- Reciprocity fee if you are an U.S., Australian or Canadian citizen, which must be paid before you enter Argentina
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Any meals in Ushuaia not specified in the itinerary
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Laundry service
- Internet, email service, fax and telephone fees
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages other than those for special events and celebrations
- Staff gratuities
- Pre- or post-expedition travel expenses
- Other Personal charges
- All clothing and equipment needed for the expedition
Please contact us for more information or to register your interest in joining the next Antarctica Expedition.