The Sir Bani Yas Challenge
March 29-30, 2018 (Sold Out)
Husaak Adventures is proud to announce the first annual Sir Bani Yas Challenge. A first of it's kind adventure race in the region, where participants will compete in a run-bike-kayak race accross beautiful Sir Bani Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. This challenging and fun outdoor adventure event will feature a 10km run, 37km mountain bike route and 3km kayak course designed to challenge the athlete and provide an enjoyable experience for everyone that appreciates outdoor activities.
Sir Bani Yas island was one of the first “Greening of the desert” projects established by Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan in 1971. Over the years it became one of the UAE largest animal reserves and is home to over 15,000 free roaming animals and birds. There are a wide range of eco-tourism activities on the island, such as kayaking, trail running, mountain biking, diving and hiking. Other conventional tourism activities such as safari tours, luxury hotels and spa are offered by the Thai hospitality group Anantara on the island which is quickly becoming a leading Eco-Tourism and adventure destination in the region.
To sign up for this year's Challenge, click on the button below:
EVENT TICKET PRICE:
Single entry package for 600 AED
(Equiv to 49 KD)
Group of 3 package for 1400 AED
1400 AED (Equiv to 115 KD)
All packages include transportation from Abu Dhabi to Sir Bani Yas and back, camping on the island Thursday night, food and beverages for the entire stay, race participation and gift pack.
This fun outdoor adventure event features a 10km run, 37km mountain bike route and 3km kayak course designed to challenge the athlete and provide an enjoyable experience for anyone that enjoys outdoor activities.
Fitness Level Required? Open to all incl. families (12+)
Expected Participants: 250
THE BASIC SCHEDULE
The event would be held over a weekend, Thursday to Friday with Saturday (optional) to allow for the maximum number of participants and make the event more accessible to a wider audience both locally and regionally.
Participant arrivals and check-in, dinner and beach party
The Adventure Challenge
Followed by an awards ceremony and dinner for all the participants on the beach, followed by departures back to Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
The total distance of event is 50 KM to cover the island utilizing 3 disciplines:
- Trail Running (10 KM, Marked Yellow (easy) or brown (Difficult) )
- Mountain Biking (37 KM, Marked RED)
- Kayaking (3 KM, Marked Blue)
The Campsite for participants will be located on the cruise line beach. This area will also be the start and end point of the race.
The participants will alternate between 2 legs of trail-running and mountain-biking and conclude with a kayak leg that concludes with a run of a few hundred meters to the finish line.
What do you need to bring?
For the challenge we recommend sportswear/synthetic shirts·
For the challenge we recommend trail running shoes and NOT HIKING BOOTS.
- Sleeping bag
- Change of clothes for the dinner on Friday.
- Sandals for walking around the camp
- Hat and sunscreen
- Towel and shampoo/soap.
- PJ to sleep on Thursday night.
- Power bank charger for your devices.
- Swim suite (The camp is on the beach).
We will provide:
You will be provided with the following:
- Kayak & Mountain bike
- Basic Map of the course and stations closing time.
- Challenge T-shirt
- CHALLENGE MEDAL.
*Subject to adjustment based on participation
- Multiple buses leaving Abu Dhabi and Dubai at different times on Thursday
- Bus departure times will be between 2 and 6 PM
- Registration and check in upon arrival.
- Dinner will be served from 7:30 to 10:30 PM. Chill and relax around the fire & beach party.
- Bus schedule will be finalized based on the ferry schedule
- 5:00 AM wake up and have breakfast – Get ready for the race.
- 6:00 AM RACE START – DETAILED RACE SCHEDULE & STATIONS CLOSING TIME WILL BE PROVIDED LATER
- 3:00 PM Race will close
- Shuttles will be available at exit points for participants wishing to exit the race.
- The race should take 5 to 9 hours to complete.
- Fruit snacks will be available at stations.
- Lunch sandwiches will be available at stations starting at 12 noon.
- There will be a map of attractions along the way for things you can see or do if you stop or if you are slow.
- 3:00 PM last bus heading back to camp for ceremony and dinner.
- 4:00 – 6:00 PM Dinner and awards ceremony at camp.
- 6:00 and 7:00 PM Buses depart to the ferry. Estimated time of arrival to AD and Dubai around 10 PM to 12 AM.